Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Simple Woman’s Daybook #6

FOR TODAY – October 7, 2012simple-woman-daybook-small

The Simple Woman’s Daybook
Outside my window... it is a beautiful sunny day. We have been waking up to sunshine nearly every day for the past couple months. Even the days we don’t wake up to sunshine, there is sunshine by afternoon. This past week it has been frosty in the mornings, and chilly enough in the house to have a fire in the wood stove.
I am thinking... about all my friends, family, and brethren with sorrow in their hearts this past week. It seems like sorrow comes in droves. I know there are joys abundant out there, but right now my heart goes out to those in mourning.   
I am thankful... for the mercy and blessings I’ve witnessed in my lifetime.
In the kitchen... my cousin was over the other day, and she was talking about a roast she made with pepsi and Lipton onion soup mix. As she was talking about it, I thought oh that sounds so good.  Yeah…. the thought got the better of me. I cooked a roast with a can of pepsi, onion soup mix, and mushroom soup.  It slow roasted for hours with carrots and potatoes. It smelled so good, every now and then I’d go open the oven door just to intensify the scent of the roast throughout the house. Oh my. Yum. The leftovers are even better!
I am creating... I have been going through modge podge like crazy, and making my own glimmer mists and spray paints…. creating something with lavender, eyelash yarn, stamps, my own doodles, and it is all a huge lovely mess. I’m happy :)   
I am going…  to walk on the trail every evening with my son. You would think I could walk out here on my dirt road and be perfectly safe, and I would be safe… if I carried a big rifle with me at all times. It freaks me out living in the wilderness.
I am wondering... if I need to prepare for a wildly cold winter with tons of snow and weeks worth of power outages this year.  
I am reading... Romans  and Psalms – KJV
I am hoping... and praying my kids house appraises for what they need it to and they will be here soon.  
I am looking forward to... my Aunt and Uncle’s 60th wedding anniversary party. I love big happy family gatherings… I’m looking forward to spending time with family I haven’t seen in a long time.
I am learning.. to have a very flexible schedule. I’ve always been a list maker and ran my home with a fairly tight schedule. Right now, there is no way to have a schedule. Ha. Most of the time I don’t even know what day of the week it is.
Around the house... I need to be doing some serious fall cleaning as I get ready for the holiday season. But the reality of it is, I’m so tired most of the time, not much is getting cleaned. It’s like, okay, if I see something needs attention, it gets some attention. Really… who cares.  
A favorite quote for today...
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psalm 100 - KJV




One of my favorite things... I love it when my kids are together. This past weekend Chris was here for the weekend, and the family gathered here at our house several times. I loved seeing the boys all sitting around on my front porch with their Bibles open, discussing scriptures. It warms my heart to know this belief we have has been passed down from one generation to another…
A few plans for the rest of the week… one day at a time.  One day at a time.
A peek into my day... it is Sunday, and mom usually has a few visitors on Sunday. So today we were up and around early. T-man was the man of the kitchen this morning. Coffee, bacon, and eggs… yeah. He is a good kid! Mom had a few visitors this afternoon. Drew and Megan were here for a little while. With someone here to help with mom, Kevin and I went out for dinner. It was relaxing! Yes… hot coffee! Not luke warm or cold coffee… I tell ya, nothing like a cup of hot coffee t take away the blues. We got home and Aaron, Lisa and the kids were here. It was a lovely evening.