Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Storm Rolled Through

There was an autumn storm rolling through the city today. At least I hope it's rolled on through.

Andrea and I were driving through town this afternoon and Andrea took note that it looked like tornado weather. I was like... oh please don't kid about that. She assured me she wasn't kidding. We hadn't watched live tv or listened to a radio in a few days... other than to see a couple minutes of the election coverage last night. Not my idea of an election night... but I'm here. What can I say.

Anyway.... a few minutes later we passed a big sign flashing 'tornado warning'. YIKES. She was right. I guess my girl is learning to read the weather patterns pretty good.

We finished our errands, picked up the photos I had printed, and headed back home to enjoy the lightening show. It started pouring rain and hailing just moments after we got into the house. The lightening flashed and thunder crashed right around us for a few hours. The power blinked a few times, so the candles were lit and we settled in to a nice quiet family night.

Coming from the greater Seattle area, I'm not use to this, so it's nice to see it roll past. Anyway, it seems to have rolled on through.

4 comments:

Chantel said...

Those tornadoes can get pretty scary!! I also find them exciting though. One year when we were out there, we got $4,000 hail damage to our new car in such a storm!

meNmykids said...

Scary! I haven't ever been around tornados either. Hope the rest of your evening was fine.

Sis. Sabriena said...

Wow! Exciting! That part of the line "The lightening flashed and thunder crashed" sounds like it is from a song! Or at least similar words. But I can't think of the song, although many are popping into my mind about thunder and lightning. Well, not ABOUT thunder and lightning, but praising God in spite of it, etc. Glad you weren't in a tornado. And that you made it to the house before the hailing and all started.

Mrs. Mom said...

Chantel, that's a lot of hail damage! We didn't get the huge golf ball size hail this time, but earlier in the year, there were really big hail balls, and the kids are getting a new roof due to that storm.

Gale, it was nice and quiet... just sitting around visiting with my children. It made for a memorable last evening in Oklahoma.

Neena, I'm sure there may be song lyrics too go along with it, but none come to mind right now.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!